Fondacio Benin is settled in the regions of Natitingou, Cotonou, Parakou and Django.
Jérôme Tozé is the Head of Fondacio Bénin, and the pastoral team is made of Annie Dannoume, Clément Yargo, Melchior Avoce, Marin Ahouissou, David Tede, Jérémie Kpataheri.
- Pastoral activities and mission axes
There are community groups in each region as well as Youth, Adults and Couples and Families groups.
- Development and solidarity projects:
- The agro-pastoral farm « Sousseo », also in Koubou, trains young drop-outs to agricultural and breeding activities, sewing with the aim to start a development dynamics and stimualte other villages to do so.
- « Le Bon Samaritain » Health Center: also in Koubou, it offers first aid or more specific services (vaccination, childbirth,…) to the 9000 inhabitants of Koubou and the close-by villages.
- Literacy project for young people in the lakeside village of So-Sounko (20 000 inhabitants) : it offers literacy training for basic French, school support through upgrading classes and a kids library.
- « La Miséricorde » training centre to prevent young people from Dangbo’s village rural exodus (70 000 inhabitants) :
- A literacy and hair dressing, sewing and craft training center for 6 underprivileged young apprentice girls
- A documentation centre offering cultural activities (library) and computer training classes.
- A pre-school
- Didapoumbô school in the North of Benin : launched in 2002 to face a very low education and schooling rate in a place with scattered homes, it hosts 250 kids from grade 1 to grade 5.
To get in touch with Fondacio Benin
Tél : (00229) 66 65 27 42
(00229) 64 85 37 33
(00229) 97 72 02 61